Criteria for Selection:
1. Individuals to be considered on the basis of undergraduate athletic achievement must:
a. have a nomination submitted on their behalf detailing their athletic accomplishment.
b. have waited five (5) years since completion of their athletic eligibility
c. have participated for a minimum of two (2) years on at least one varsity team, and
d. have represented UM in a positive fashion both as an undergraduate and as an
2. Coaches, administrators and special supporters of the University of Montevallo athletics are also eligible for induction into the Hall of Fame, if they:
a. have a nomination submitted on their behalf detailing the special nature of their
contributions to Montevallo athletics and
b. have conducted themselves in a fashion such as to bring credit to Montevallo athletic
for a minimum of five (5) years.
3. Respected University of Montevallo alumni who bring favor to their alma mater by achieving success in their area relating to athletics as alumni are eligible for induction consideration five years after their graduation, providing that the selection committee receives appropriate nominations detailing the candidate's achievements as alumni.
4. Deceased contributors to the University of Montevallo are also eligible to be inducted posthumously into the Athletic Hall of Fame
5. Persons currently coaching or currently on staff at the University of Montevallo will not be considered for induction if the primary rationale revolves around their coaching accomplishments or staff achievements while at UM.
6. An athletic team shall be eligible for induction as a unit. The induction of the team shall not prohibit the separate induction of one or more of its members, If a team is inducted, the Hall of Fame committee shall select a representative to accept the award.
All individuals selected for the UM Athletic Hall of Fame must be present to accept the award, unless mitigating circumstances precludes personal acceptance of the award.
Please fill out the form below (or as much of it as possible) and press the submit button.
University of Montevallo Montevallo, AL 35115 (205) 665-6600
View: Mobile | Desktop